9:26 AM

Good Reads

Reading is my favorite.

Here are a couple of my all time favorites and recent reads that I highly recommend.

Enjoy!

Though Waters Roar

This is a fiction novel I read a few months back.  This gripping tale about faith and a woman's ever changing "place" in this world was one I could not put down.  From prohibition to feminism this book opened my eyes to many perspectives I had never considered.  I realized how far women have come and how far we still have to go.  This book helped me see that laws won't change us, only WE can change us.

The Way the Crow Flies

This is one of my all time favorite books!!!  I have read this book over and over and over again and every single time I laugh, cry and get angry as if it's the first time I've read it.  It's a story of abuse and how that manifests itself in the victims adult life.  Love love love this book!!!

I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn't): Making the Journey from "What Will People Think?" to "I Am Enough"

I'm currently falling more in love with Brene' Brown every day.  To say that I have a lady crush on her is putting it mildly.  I am in the process of reading this book.  It's one of those books that you can only read like a chapter a month of because it brings so much emotional baggage to the forefront of your mind that you might have a complete mental breakdown if you read it all at once.  With that being said, it's totally worth every emotional outburst.  Growth involves pain... right?

Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself

This is another all time favorite.  I read this book again whenever I see those traits of codependency creeping their ugly little heads back into my life.  If you have trouble not obsessing over other people than this is definitely the book for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment